Over the years I’ve accumulated several books that changed my perspective on how I view the world, nurtured the way I think, helped me be a better mother, wife, friend. However, today I wanted to share with you my list of 10 Self-Love Books Every Woman Should Read.
This is a super short post because I just decided on sharing this list a few days ago. Why not help another sister out with some self-love… there’s plenty to go around 🙂
After becoming a mom of 3, wife, and SAHM I quickly realized that I was being pulled in many directions. As a busy, ‘experienced’ mom I often find myself telling my newer mom friends that are struggling you can do it, just not all at the same time.
You know that saying, ‘You can’t pour from an empty cup?” It’s true, take it from me, you’re a much better woman when you feel fulfilled and I’m not talking about the day to day accomplishments, Many times we run on low, social media will also lead us down the comparison road, or as mothers we are simply just putting our lives on hold or behind everyone else’s.
Also, it’s not just about spreading our selves too thin, we all have some demons within us that we need to overcome. Shadows of jealousy, low self-worth, lack of self-confidence, trauma, PTSD, addiction and more. These are challenging enough on our own, the following 10 self-love books are going to be the perfect place to start loving ourselves again. You owe that to yourself.
10 Self-Love Books Every Woman Should Read
1. Grace Not Perfection – Emily Ley
2. The Self-Love Workbook: A Life-Changing Guide to Boost Self-Esteem, Recognize Your Worth and Find Genuine Happiness – Shainna Ali
3. Love Yourself, Heal Your Life Workbook – Louise Hay
4. Emotional Detox: 7 Steps to Release Toxicity and Energize Joy – Sherianna Boyle
5. The Self-Love Experiment: Fifteen Principles for Becoming More Kind, Compassionate, and Accepting of Yourself – Shannon Kaiser
6. If You Have to Cry, Go Outside: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You – Kelly Cutrone
7. How Did I Get So Busy?: The 28-Day Plan to Free Your Time, Reclaim Your Schedule, and Reconnect with What Matters Most – Valorie Burton
9. Good Days Start With Gratitude: A 52 Week Guide To Cultivate An Attitude Of Gratitude: Gratitude Journal – Pretty Simple Press
10. The Stress-Proof Brain: Master Your Emotional Response to Stress Using Mindfulness and Neuroplasticity – Melanie Greenberg PhD
I know several of these are actually workbooks and that’s because the exercises force us to look and track our behavior.
I’ve read and worked through several of these, I also have friends that highly recommend a few on here. I feel as women we should invest in our mental and emotional health as much as we do on our physical appearance and health.
Have you read any of these? Do you have a favorite that I can add to this list? Drop me a comment below and let me know and why you like this particular book.