My husband and I took the kids this past weekend to the Crayola Experience at the Mall Of America. Let’s just say the kids can’t stop talking about how much fun they had! It was a blast, I had all 3 of them excited at one point (ages 11, 7 & 19 months), that rarely happens.
Upon arriving at ticketing, the staff was very helpful and friendly. From the ceiling to the ticketing counters and wall decor to Crayola’s vibrant colors didn’t help the kids contain their enthusiastic anticipation. Inside the glass countertops, there’s literally rows for color-themed crayons (3,744 to be exact in each glass counter) and yes I counted myself 🙂 After we got our passes, there’s bag check before we enter the 60,000 square feet attraction. What awaits is definitely fuel for my children’s creative imaginations, up until this point they’ve only known Crayola for crayons and markers but what they got was 3+ hours of big, bold, creative fuel for their imaginations. With a mix of art, technology and hands-on attractions I had to pull them away from one area yet they couldn’t wait to see what came next.
What Is The Crayola Experience
So what is the Crayola Experience? It’s a one of kind family attraction that has more than 1,500 proprietary products and technologies, which serve as the inspiration for 25 hands-on activities and live entertainment. The adventures of Crayola Experience help kids and adults alike explore art and technology, express their creativity and experience color in a whole new way. From naming and wrapping your own Crayola crayon (Wrap It Up!) and starring in a coloring page (Be a Star), to bringing your art to 4-D life (Color Magic) and learning how crayons are made in the live Factory Show – it’s a whole new experience every time! Crayola Experience is also home to The Crayola Store, which features the world’s largest selection of Crayola products and unique souvenirs, such as plush and apparel.
- Crayola Experience has three locations: Easton-PA, Orlando-FL, & Minneapolis-MN Mall Of America (Opened May 26th, 2016)
- 25 Hands-On, Interactive Attractions for the entire family.
- Over 60,000 square feet of colorful fun inspired by Mom’s #1 loved brand, Crayola!
- Live manufacturing demonstration on how crayons are made.
- Average length of stay 3-4 hours
- Enjoy family-friendly dining at Café Crayola
- Crayola Gift Shop featuring unique apparels, souvenirs, personalized crayons, paints, markers and much more.
- Birthday Party and group packages available
Location & Hours
Mall of America, Level 3
300 South Avenue, Bloomington, MN 55425
Open Daily 10am – 7pm (Holiday hours may vary)
Updated Summer Special
General Admission Tickets are
$24.99 now $19.99 (plus tax) per person, but I’ve teamed up with Crayola to offer my readers discounted tickets at $18.99 $13.99 per person. *Kids under 2 are FREE
Click here to buy your discounted tickets now.
That’s a saving of $6 per person, so what are you waiting for? Go see what all the buzz is about around the new Crayola Experience.
Latest posts by Kami (see all)
- Infertility and how to help your spouse cope with stress - October 4, 2017
- October 2017 Favorite Finds - October 4, 2017
- Minnesota Children’s Museum: 21+ Takeover plus WIN 2 FREE TICKETS - September 18, 2017