Holiday Cranberry Cocktail is a guest post from Alica over at Alica’s Pepperpot.
My name is Alica and I am delighted you are here! I am the editor, recipe developer, food photographer, and food stylist behind Alica’s Pepperpot. The recipes on this blog range from traditional and sentimental to modern and fun. I’m most inspired by Caribbean ingredients and how to use them in unique ways while keeping a focus on the classic dishes I grew up eating.
Holiday Cranberry Cocktail
RELATED: Christmas Madeleines
RELATED: Crunchy Fulfilling Pecan Pie
Christmas and New Year’s Eve is right around the corner and holiday parties, potlucks, and all sorts of get-togethers are in full swing. What I love about this time of year is the shopping, lights, music, festive food and drinks. Family and friends swing by the house to drop off gifts or just to say hello and I love that I always have a box of Costco entertaining cookies on hand. Sometimes though, a drink is in order. One of my favorite cocktails to order when going out for drinks is a simple vodka cranberry. When friends or family drop by during the holidays I love making this drink at home and in a festive sugar-rimmed glasses. It’s an easy and refreshing cocktail and especially holiday-ish if you have some frozen cranberries on hand.
- Keep glass chilled for a few minutes
- After rimming glass with sugar, place glass back into the freezer
- Use flavored vodka for another layer of flavor
- Add a splash of Grand Marnier – it makes everything taste better!
- Keep a bag of cranberries frozen for cocktails, muffins, or anything you can use a little tart for
We received a cocktail shaker from our wedding registry and for years it stayed in the box. Truth is, I never felt I needed it because I would just use a regular tall glass to mix my drinks then pour into the cocktail glass. However, I use it every time I make a shaken cocktail because having the lid makes a big difference. Here’s my recommendation for a good cocktail shaker.
If you’re having a holiday party at home, this would be a great option for a “signature cocktail.” It’s a fun way to set the mood and definitely makes the party more memorable.
Holiday Cranberry Cocktail
- 4 oz. cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 oz. vodka
- Splash of Grand Marnier
- Frozen or fresh cranberries
- Lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- Juice of one lemon
- Granulated or superfine sugar for dipping glass
- Cocktail shaker
- Ice for cocktail shaker
- 1. Squeeze juice of lemon into a wide enough bowl. Dip rim of glass in bowl then dip directly into bowl of sugar. Set aside or place in freezer until ready to use.
- 2. Pour vodka, cranberry juice, Grand Marnier, and ice in cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously. Pour into sugar-rimmed glass. Garnish with lime wedges or cranberries in glass or on toothpick
© 2023 Copyright © Life With Kami
A.Rrajani Photographer says
THANK YOU FOR SHARING….