So last weekend, we attended a family birthday celebration, I always like to take something if it’s a house party but I couldn’t manage spending a lot of time making a dish. I decided to try a new appetizer and put a new spin on an old favorite.
This really turned out great and got some really good reviews at the party too. So I decided to share, also document it since my husband always accuses me of making a new dish great the first time then it never tastes the same again :).
Before I share this recipe though please note, I don’t consider myself a chef, the recipe and explanation of my ‘how to’ is the best I can do with what I have in my pantry. Please feel free to use other ingredients as you see fit.
Prep time includes the time it takes to scoop meatballs onto sheet pan & first coating of glaze.
- 3 lbs lean ground turkey
- 3-4 hot Italian turkey sausage
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder, or you can blend half of an onion
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs, or you can toast one slice of bread
- 1 tablespoon ginger soy sauce
- Fresh parsley
- Chili powder & cayenne pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce (I usually buy something with a hickory flavor)
- 1 tablespoon of A1 steak sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 F˚.
- Combine all meatball ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Use an ice cream scoop to portion meatballs so they come out even.
- Line or spray a sheet pan.
- Load meatballs on the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F˚
- While meatballs are baking combine the 2 ingredients for your glaze.
- Remove meatballs from oven after 15 minutes and glaze them.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Re-coat them again once you take them out from the oven while they are still hot.
They look absolutely delicious!! Yummm
Thanks Sapana, you are so sweet for stopping by my blog! Thanks and I can’t wait to try some of your recipies too 🙂
Thank you Tina, must try it and let me know ☺
Joss Radillo says
I really need to try this!! looks so easy and SO YUMMY!!
I love to try new recipes for my blog and of course to
Joss, it IS really yummy 🙂 This was a spin off of my old spaghetti and meatball recipe and it’s so healthy by using turkey too! Enjoy