This is a sponsored post, all opinions are my own.
Teaching kids good habits and time with the Joy Octopus Watch bundle. In a day and age where technology is more rampant in our lives, my kids are being introduced to new apps and devices all the time. My 3-year-old Nari loves my smartphone and boy could she handle it. In less than a minute, she could open 12 apps, make calls, send texts, post on social media and have music/radio playing in the background. This is the way of life now, I’ve come to accept that one day she will help me unlock my device too. (This is an ongoing issue I currently deal with sometimes).
However, this being the case, she still has no sense of time. We don’t necessarily have a fixed schedule in the summer months. The whole family just is on long summer days kind of being. Her older teenage brother and 10-year-old sister just have their own schedule and comes and goes whenever. I like to keep her on a routine but it’s challenging when I work from home.
RELATED: Decorate & Educate with Pictureta
RELATED: Renzo’s Picky Eater Multi-Vitamins
What is the JOY Octopus Watch Bundle
The JOY Octopus watch is basically a smartwatch for your child. It’s programmed to help your child learn and be consistent with a routine which will enable them to learn their schedule and time in the process. The watch is programmed with easy to understand icons that your child will understand. It empowers your child and you to have that freedom of knowing what comes next throughout the day.
Research shows that having routines in place in the family reduces the level of stress, prevents conflicts and it helps the kids (& parents!) to be more organized, focused, independent, and cooperative. Fewer power struggles mean more quality time with your kids.
- The first icon-based smartwatch that empowers kids by teaching them good habits and the concept of time.
- The Companion Bundle includes 1 Octopus Watch and a companion charging station, the Companion is a night light, wake up alarm and a charging station.
- Teaches Positive Reinforcement – this kids smartwatch makes chores and daily activities fun for boys and girls. The Companion Bundle features nightlight and “ok to wake” sleep training light-up feature.
- Safe for kids – no radio frequencies during use, hypoallergenic watchband, in case of emergency (save important information like phone numbers, allergies or blood type).
- Once charged the battery lasts 2-5 days.
- The JOY Octopus watch is splash proof (not waterproof).
Once we got this, I prepped my daughter by having her open the box with me so she knew this belonged to her and it would be something she would enjoy but not a toy. Just my parenting style 🙂
I went through the instructions and charged the companion, installed the app on my phone, customized her routine on my smartphone and we were up and running in less than 30 minutes. The first day she was hesitant about wearing the watch because she’s not used to something on her hands. Towards the end of the day, she got used to it and she enjoyed the little vibrations that showed icons/images of what she was supposed to do.
This was the fun part, she actually started to understand what she was supposed to do next: it’s potty time, dinner time, pack up toys, bath time. It made the following days so much more fun and less conflict arose. She knew when she had to take her daily vitamins and play time. Over the next few days she stuck to a consistent routine and do did I. Overall, I wish I had this with my two older kids. Parenting win for trying this.
What We Loved
- One of my favorite things not to do all day is to remind other people what they have to do, the JOY Octopus watch did that for me 🙂 Nari would just say mama time to go potty or time to brush my teeth and the struggle was eliminated.
- I loved that the companion was also a night light. Multi-tasking at it’s best and teaches my daughter that gadgets need to go ‘sleepy’ too 🙂
- It updated me on her daily prompts and schedule on my smartphone.
- It was so easy to set-up.
- The icons are fun and there are over 700+ to choose from.
- I liked that I could also use this for potty training my 3-year-old and also have my 13-year-old use it if he has to take medication, do a specific chore, or other prompts that he may need a reminder of.
- I love that I get to customize it in so many ways.
- Quality of the products. This ain’t no flimsy hardware, it’s meant for kids and to be ‘worn’ by kids.
Things To Consider
- The first day she didn’t want to wear it but after she saw it in action then she was ok but you may want to consider prepping your child if they don’t like ‘dress-up’ items accessories.
- Would have loved more color options perhaps pinks or pastels for girls.
- It’s not a step tracker
- It doesn’t emit sounds, it vibrates.
- The screen is not a touchscreen.
- It’s not a GPS tracker nor a phone.
Shop JOY Octopus Watch Bundle
The JOY Octopus watch ranges from $59.99 in red or blue (you can easily switch out either bracelet if you wanted the other color $9.99). The JOY Octopus bundle that includes the charging cable and companion that doubles as a night light start around $79.99- $99.99.
You find all of the above at:
Do you think your little one could benefit from the Octopus by JOY watch?