This is a sponsored post, all opinions are my own.
As we spend more and more time online and getting our life more digital there’s so much info we inadvertently put out on the world wide web every day. If you shop online, pay your bills online, even when you’re not using a credit card and just posting on social media. Creating a social media profile alone you need to verify your email address, your phone has location services telling apps and companies exactly where you are. Scary isn’t it? How do you monitor your identity online? More importantly, how do you help PROTECT your digital and financial future?
There are several ways you can reduce the risk of identity theft on your own by limiting some things we do online:
- Never share your personal passwords
- Don’t use a public computer for logging into financial sites
- Don’t use your credit card over public wifi locations
- Think twice about accepting friend requests from strangers on social media
But did you know that identity theft affects 16.7 million Americans¹? Often with devastating consequences: loss of savings, being charged with a crime you didn’t commit, even being held responsible for fraudulent medical claims. If that doesn’t make you stop and think about your digital footprint then stop reading right now.
Protecting Your Digital & Financial Future Using Identity Guard
What if you had an all-in-one monitoring tool on your side to help you keep track of your digital and financial identity? Introducing Identity Guard.
The service’s main goal is Identity theft and credit protection but they offer so much more than that. I decided to give them a try and my first-day creating an account with them I was blown away with how much I wasn’t doing (by myself) to protect my online identity and most importantly my family’s.
What is Identity Guard?
Identity Guard is a powerful early warning system. It uses IBM® Watson™ advanced artificial intelligence capabilities to continuously scour billions of data points to discover potential vulnerabilities and alert you when your identity may be at risk. Think of it as a “radar” that is continuously helping protect your identity.
Features of Identity Guard
- BM Watson artificial intelligence monitors and processes billions of pieces of information to alert you about potential threats to your identity.
- Get alerts when changes, such as your name, address, or email address are made or a new account holder is added to your bank accounts (for example, checking, savings, IRA, etc.).
- Analyze your Facebook timeline to get an assessment of your online image and recommended actions to improve it using IBM Watson.
- Be alerted when Identity Guard detects your SSN, credit card numbers, financial account numbers, health insurance number and more on the Dark Web – places such as thousands of black market websites, secret chat rooms, and underground forums.
- Get alerts about potential cyberbullying with details of detected content, the people involved, guidance on next steps, and access to the Megan Meier Foundation for assistance.
- Get a monthly Vantage 3.0 credit score* based on TransUnion data and an annual credit report with information from Equifax, Experian, and Transunion.
Does Your Family Need Protection?
Identity Guard offers a suite of features to protect individuals, families and even businesses. Here are some other benefits of their membership.
- Insurance** with stolen funds reimbursement.
- US-based dedicated case manager.
- Online Identity dashboard
- Risk Management Score
- Mobile App
- Alerts on: potential threats, bank account takeovers, your info on the dark web, and more
- Safe Browsing Extension
Identity Guard Cost
This is a membership, you pay monthly in exchange for all the benefits and features above, and personally, I think being proactive and protecting my identity and my kid’s future is priceless but thankfully getting Identity Guard is very affordable.
Individual Value plans start at around $9 a month. There is Individual Total and Individual Premier as well.
Here’s a break down of their Family Plans.
Try Identity Guard FREE for 30 days*.
Trust me here, there’s nothing to lose, you get full access to everything you would be paying for with the free trial, and then decide if you want to cancel or continue with any of the membership plans. Also, get a 20% monthly discount by enrolling through one of the links on this page!
I signed up with them and I love how I can see everything on my dashboard when I log in.
- Risk Management Score
- My VantageScore Credit Score
- Add myself to Watchlist
- Activity Alerts
- Dark Web Alerts
- Threat Alerts
All in one place, peace of mind at a glance.
Decide how you want to be monitored online, and then decide on Identity Guard.
*The score you receive with Identity Guard is provided for educational purposes to help you understand your credit. It is calculated using the information contained in your TransUnion credit file. Lenders use many different credit scoring systems, and the score you receive with Identity Guard is not the same score used by lenders to evaluate your credit.
** Identity Theft Insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group‚ Inc. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms‚ conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms‚ conditions‚ and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.
+Free for 30 days, then automatically renews at a monthly fee for each month thereafter unless canceled.